Those, who are serious about generating hashs for pentesting WPA, for sure run a NAS server, in other words they have a storage with TBs of free space. NAS, made by Synology, is coming to be very user-friendly (especially after the possibility of upgrade to DSM 4.x). Unfortunately, there are still (obvious) components missing. Because we are talking about Linux serever, one of presumed possibilities are packets, an option to install software, or more precisely the opportunity to install a third party apps. But you cannot do such things with NAS, they are not even oficially supported.
In the following text you´ll find simple and well-tried guideline for the instalation of package manager ipkg (you know ipkg for example from airdump.cz where is the tutorial flashing kamikaze firmware to router Linksys) to NAS Synology DS212j.
You can use this manual for any NAS server by Synology – each type of procesor has its own instalation set of scripts. It depends just on then processor.. You can find the list of processor (in our case we deals with Marwell processor) for other Synology server solution at german synology wiki. This guideline is for Synology DS212j (Processor Marwell Kirkwood ARMv5TE, 1.2GHz, 256MB RAM).
Enrollment on NAS server through SSH and IP adress:
Download of bootstrap skript for procesor NAS Synology DS212j
Launching of skript from shell
Installation of any application, in our example it´s the installation of famous app mc (midnight commander)
ipkg install mc
Ilustration of NAS Synolopgy – Midnight Commander installed
- How To Kamikaze firmware Linksys WRT54GL
- BackTrack Linux How to Extend battery life
- Windows Admin Password Reset
- Make your own video tutorial
- WEP cracking Intel Centrino, OmniPeek + winAircrack
- Aireplay-ng Packet Injection Windows CommView Hack
- Evilgrade Toolkit helping with fake updates
- Windows Hacking – Windows Vista Hack
- WEP Crack – video tutorial for beginners
- Backtrack 3 installation – USB flash memory