As you might not have noticed, there is an inovation in the last release of the Backtrack 3 Beta. A new posibility to instal applications via the new graphical interface (GUI) called gslapt (a slap-get add-on). The problem is that something went wrong either during the making or compiling process of the installed version. It just doesn’t work. Instead of gslap showing you the avilable packages you want to get, it only shows you the ones already installed.
You can’t update nor import PGP keys that verify repositories. A small fix can chnge all that so you can enjoy using the Backtrack’s gslapt.
Installing a newer version. Download pack we prepared for you (folder backtrack/fix). It contains 4 packages that need fixing; GPG Me, GNU PGP, libassuan and slapt-get. Unpack the archive, cd into folder and install all 4 packages with installpkg command
after installing, all you need to do is update it
Now you have hundreds of packages at your disposal, installable via the GUI including the dependencies tracker. Translated by lockoff
Remote Security since 2007
- Backtrack 3 installation – USB flash memory
- The Intuitive WiFi hacking GUI app for Ubuntu Linux
- Make your own video tutorial
- How To Kamikaze firmware Linksys WRT54GL
- Wireless Hacking – Ultimate Ubuntu Guide
- Evilgrade Toolkit helping with fake updates
- Installing ipkg & mc (Midnight Commander & more) NAS Synology DS212j
- Backtrack 3 Pre Final released
- BackTrack 5 Revolution released
- Remote Exploit – BackTrack 4 Beta released