Remote-Exploit released BackTrack 3 pre-release of the final version. In the short the Final version will be released. Link for download is available on the remote-exploit’s freenode irc channel. After some testinig and fine-tuning, the Final version will be released. It is exepected in a week (around June 20th). It’s interesting that the pre-release does not have a bugtracker, but there probably is a reason for that decision.
Here are some licencing problems that were encountered. Nesus will not be included in the Final release because agreement with Tenable was not reached. SAINT’s licence bounds to IPs and activation at its homepage is required.
And Maltego has been installed under a special community licence as Maltego 2.0. Lots of things have been upgraded from SVN and great tools such as spoonwep and fastrack were pre-installed. Don’t forget to check back for the BT3F announcement and more news.
- Remote Exploit – BackTrack 4 Beta released
- Backtrack 3 final download
- Make your own video tutorial
- Fixing slapt-get in Backtrack 3
- Backtrack 3 installation – USB flash memory
- BackTrack 5 Revolution released
- BackTrack 5 R3 release blackhat edition
- Essential Tools – Nessus exploit and rootkit scanner
- Google Hacking – Advanced Guide
- BackTrack 5 R2 release